Wednesday, February 8, 2017

meatballs with creamy mushroom sauce










It was one of those days when I had NOTHING planned for dinner. I had some meatballs in the freezer so went looking for a super speedy sauce to go with them and found this recipe.  They were a hit but honest to goodness next time I will make my own meatballs.  Packaged meatballs are just not as good as homemade.

meatballs with creamy mushroom sauce (adapted from allrecipes.com)
1 package meatball, 24 meatballs (I strongly prefer homemade!)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used Campbell's healthy request)
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley (fresh would be better but I was in a hurry, remember?)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 can milk

For the sauce, whisk the soup, parsley, pepper, Italian seasoning, chili powder and milk together in a saucepan.  Bring to a simmer over medium heat then turn to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add cooked meatballs to the sauce and coat the meatballs with the sauce.

4 comments:

  1. I made this last night for the family and its a keeper! thanks for all the great recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for commenting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making this tonight with homemade turkey meatballs. Will serve over garlic parsley fettuccine. Excited to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're making homemade meatballs!! The garlic parsley fettucine sounds fancy. I hope you like it!!
    I love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete