Sunday, October 23, 2016

cinnamon roll cupcakes


















My daughter asked me to pick up some refrigerated cinnamon rolls but wouldn't say why.  This is why.  We are all in awe.  She saw these cinnamon roll cupcakes somewhere and can't recall where but she remembered exactly how to make them.  They're easy and they're gorgeous!   Now she's going to put a few into cellophane baggies with a pretty ribbon and give them to a few people she's been thinking about.


cinnamon roll cupcakes (my daughter)
makes 20
2 tubes refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (we used Trader Joe's brand, 5 rolls in each tube)
1 package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line muffin tins with paper liners.  Fill each liner 1/3 of the way full with cake batter.
Slice each cinnamon roll in half, lengthwise.  Place a slice of cinnamon roll on top of the cake batter.  You will need to squish them in a bit.
Bake at 350 degrees for 2o minutes.  Let cool then drizzle with the icing provided with the cinnamon rolls.
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Tell her thank you. My kids will think I'm the best when I make these for them :)

    ReplyDelete