Monday, May 16, 2016

tyler's slow cooker pork tacos










I caught a glimpse of this recipe and knew I would like it so I asked my friend Shonda for the recipe.  It's super simple to make and really flavorful.  It was nice to try a new hot sauce I've never cooked with before.  My fridge is always full of a variety of hot sauces and salsa- I think we have more of that than anything else in the fridge.  We love our Mexican food.

tyler's pork tacos
4-5 pounds pork loin
water
garlic salt
onion powder
salt
pepper
2 tablespoons Cholula hot sauce
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/4 cup Cholula hot sauce
at least 1 clove garlic, minced
tortillas (we toast ours), shredded lettuce, shredded cheese and whatever else you like

Spray your crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.  Place the pork loin in the crock pot.  Add water to the crock pot so it covers half the pork (I used about a cup of water).  Sprinkle pork generously with garlic salt, onion powder, salt and pepper.  Add 2 tablespoons Cholula.
Cook approximately 6 hours on high.
When done, remove pork from slow cooker and shred.  Empty excess liquid from the crock pot and reserve.
Put the shredded pork back into the slow cooker.  Add the tomato sauce, 1/4 cup Cholula sauce and garlic. Combine well.  Taste.  Add more garlic salt, onion powder, salt and pepper until it tastes well seasoned.  If you'd like more moisture in your meat add the reserved liquid- it's very flavorful too!

No comments:

Post a Comment