Monday, May 9, 2016

makaelynne's mexican salsa










My daughter's friend Makaelynne made this Mexican salsa for their second grade class's international feast.  Fortunate for my daughter the two of them sit side-by-side in class so my daughter didn't only sample this salsa but I'm pretty sure she made a meal out of it!  She showed me the class recipe book this morning so I picked up the ingredients so we can enjoy it for dinner tonight.  I love that the recipe is so easy a second grader can make it!  If we weren't so busy this afternoon I'd have her make it herself.

makaelynne's mexican salsa (Makaelynne)
1 can black-eyed peas, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can of corn, drained
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 bunch of cilantro (about 1/2 cup diced)
1 small bottle of fat free kraft Italian dressing (we're using the kraft zesty Italian dressing)

Mix in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Note:If you want spicy, add a diced jalapeno pepper or Makaelynne's family adds Sriracha sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment