I want to post this recipe before I forget! Primary hosted a ward movie night for our congregation earlier this month and it was super fun. One of the gals brought Skittles popcorn for the candy buffet and it was a huge hit. Many people wanted to know who made it. My kids, especially my Skittle lover was impressed. I didn't get a picture of the popcorn but it was pretty and colorful. Would be great for St. Patrick's Day...next year. I was thrilled to get the recipe so we can make it sometime.
skittles popcorn (from Caitlyn)
1. Separate 32 oz of skittles into colors (about 1 cup each)2. Melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter and 1/4 cup corn syrup in a pan (amounts are for each color)
3. Add in one skittle color and stir until melted.
4. Pour over 10-12 cups of popped popcorn per color (about 1/2 cup kernels)
5. Mix until well covered
6. Pour onto baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees stirring once (this step can be skipped, the popcorn will just be a bit more chewy)
7. Dump onto wax paper to cool then break into pieces
Note: Caitlyn said that her kitchen looked like a rainbow had exploded when she was done.