Friday, December 11, 2015

english toffee










My friend Dee-Anna brought her English Toffee to a cookie swap.  It's amazing.  English Toffee has always been a part of my Christmases because it was always one of my mother's favorite things to make around the holidays.  Dee-Anna's recipe is a little different so now I've got two great toffee recipes!

english toffee (my friend Dee-Anna)
1 pound butter
2 cups almonds, ground
2 tablespoons Karo syrup
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 bags milk chocolate chips
1 package pecans, chopped

Mix first four ingredients in skillet and cook until it smokes.  It should completely pull away from the sides and turn a slightly darker color.  Pour onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet and spread it out quickly  Sprinkle milk chocolate chips on top.  Wait a minute until they get soft then spread evenly like frosting.  Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.  Completely cool for several hours before breaking into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment