Saturday, August 8, 2015

nordy bars









I ran across this recipe when trying to figure out a way to use some butterscotch chips in my pantry.  It turns out that this is a great way to use butterscotch chips.  My family loves these.  At allrecipes.com  you can see three photos and the Nordy bars all look very different in each photo.  Surprise yourself and see how yours turn out.

nordy bars (allrecipes.com)
1/2 cup butter
2 cups butterscotch chips
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour 
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 13x9 pan.
In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.  Add the butterscotch chips and brown sugar.  Stir until melted.  Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl.  Mix in the eggs.  Add the flour, baking powder and salt.  Mix thoroughly and stir in the vanilla.  Set aside to cool.
Once cool stir in the chocolate chips, marshmallows and chopped nuts.  Spread batter into the prepared pan.  Bake at 350 for 25 to 28 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool thoroughly before cutting into squares.

What I have to say- I was too impatient to wait for the batter to cool before adding the chocolate chips and marshmallows which is why my chocolate chips melted into everything.  That was fine with me.  If my family could rename these bars we'd name them Beaver Bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment