Friday, February 6, 2015

quick and easy chicken noodle soup









This soup was a continuation of my friends' kindness yesterday.  When my friend Julie brought my little boy home from playing at their house all day she brought dinner- homemade chicken noodle soup, soft sourdough bread and salad.  I always say I don't need anything and I'm fine because I can usually deal with whatever comes but it was so nice and touching.  I felt loved and that feels good!  I wouldn't have made dinner and as it turns out my kids wanted dinner- go figure.  This soup tasted SOOOOO good.  I really like the seasonings and was drawn to the big chunks of carrots- I love cooked carrots.  There really is something to soup when you're not feeling well.  I have the best friends ever.

quick and easy chicken noodle soup (Julie found this recipe at allrecipes.com)
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onioin
1/2 cup chopped celery
4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
1/2 pound cooked chicken breast, chopped
1 1/2 cups egg noodles
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.  Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.  Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment