Sunday, October 5, 2014

tangy slow cooker pork roast









I had two pork roasts in the fridge and wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do with them.  I was out of liquid smoke so knew I'd better come up with another alternative.  That's when I found this recipe.  It's great!  I drizzled a little soy sauce over mine but the others drizzled teriyaki on theirs.  Either way, served over some brown jasmine rice and steamed carrots on the side- you're all set!

tangy slow cooker pork roast (allrecipes.com)
1 large onion, sliced
2.5 pounds pork roast
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic

Place sliced onion on the bottom of your slow cooker.  Place the pork roast on top.  Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour on top of the pork roast.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Serve over jasmine or basmati rice with soy sauce and/or teriyaki sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment