Wednesday, August 6, 2014

store bought favorite: rojo's tomatillo avocado salsa













This photo demonstrates how much I love this salsa.  The serving size is 2 tablespoons but I use at least 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup every time.  I'm not cooking as much for myself lately because I've had to simplify.  My body wants to gain weight but I will not let it (that's what happens when you leave your thirties) so I've been sticking to the basics of grilled chicken, shredded chicken, whole grain tortillas, whole grain pasta and fresh fruits and veggies.  REALLY simple.  What makes it okay (I LOVE TO EAT, DANG IT!) is the delicious sauces I put with my chicken because the intense flavors satisfy me- not necessarily the food or the quantity.  I was born a lover of rich foods but am learning to enjoy the simple flavors of real food.

store bought favorite:  rojo's tomatillo avocado salsa (purchased at Costco)
made from all-natural ingredients- roasted tomatillos, avocado, garlic and cilantro
great cooking sauce for beef, pork, chicken or chile verde

3 comments:

  1. The local Costco here has stopped carrying this brand of salsa. I must find it somewhere. Do you know of any where I can still find this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid that my Costco no longer carries it either and I have not seen it at any of my local grocery stores. For now my family continues to enjoy Mrs. Renfro's green salsa. It's super spicy but we love it, even my little kids have built up quite a tolerance to the heat. It's also under my store bought favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHATTTTTTT!!!!!! oh i need to find it!

    ReplyDelete