Monday, July 21, 2014

store bought favorite: harissa simmer sauce





















Dinner tonight was very worthwhile.  This sauce is very tasty and I'm not sure I waited so long to try it- it has been in my pantry for months.  I did not use  lamb as the recipe called for but chicken breasts with peppers, radishes and carrots.  I served it with naan bread and everyone wished there had been more sauce so next time I will prepare two envelopes.  Simple, delicious meal.

store bought favorite: harissa simmer sauce (World Cuisine Saffron Road)
This is an authentic moroccan recipe with all natural ingredients, verified non GMO, certified gluten-free, vegan and no MSG.
Ingredients: water, roasted red pepper puree, tomato paste, red bell pepper, pear juice concentrate, non-gmo native corn starch, lemon juice concentrate, sea salt, spices, onion, garlic.

Saute cubed chicken in two tablespoons oil until browned.  Add veggies until just cooked through.  Add sauce.  Stir gently and simmer until sauce just begins to bubble.

What I have to say- I really have to watch what I eat these days since I am leaving my thirties.  My metabolism just doesn't want to be as quick.  I've been eating a lot of "real" food but I have been missing my sauce!!  I love sauce!  This sauce is fat-free and has 1 gram of sugar- something else I watch closely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment