Tuesday, June 10, 2014

julie's husband's favorite salad










Julie brought her husband's favorite salad to a preschool picnic last week.  It's delicious!  It was so delicious I wanted to make it right away but forgot my grocery list at home so got everything I needed except the cucumbers and tomatoes and I bought the wrong dressing!  Julie is sooooo nice that I found a grocery sack with those items on our doorstep.  This recipe makes a lot of salad and will go a long way.  I've been eating it for two days and today will be the third (and I was also able to share some with friends at a luncheon and the sister missionaries for dinner!).

julie's husband's favorite salad (Julie B.)
1 pound shell pasta (we both used whole wheat)
2 cucumbers, cut into fourths then sliced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 carrots, diced
1 (6 ounce) package grated Parmesan cheese
1 package feta cheese (I used reduced fat)
1 bottle of Newman's Own Family Italian dressing (you'll only use 1/4 to 1/3 of the bottle)

Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.  Rinse with cold water.  Put the pasta in a large bowl.  Add the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, carrots, cheeses and half the dressing.  Refrigerate overnight.  Before serving add the rest of the dressing.  Add grilled chicken to the pasta or enjoy it on the side for a complete meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment