Sunday, March 30, 2014

mom's banana squash










My mom made the best banana squash.  It deserves a post because it was sooo good despite that the men at the table (except for my husband) didn't care for it.  I thought it went perfectly with the grilled steak, mashed potatoes & gravy, french bread and salad that we enjoyed immensely.  The men in my extended family have a hard time veering from their standard meat and potatoes-more for the rest of us!

mom's banana squash
My mom started by peeling her squash.  Then, using all of her might, my mom diced the banana squash then put it into a pot.  She filled the pot with water until it was just above the squash then boiled it until it was tender.  Then she put it into the serving dish with some butter, salt and pepper.  Simple cooking. Boy was it tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment