Monday, January 13, 2014

store bought favorite: red chile barbacoa slow cook sauce with roasted tomato + chipotle

















I picked up this little packet of deliciousness at the new store in town- Natural Grocers.  I have to say after trying two "frontera" products I am now a fan.  I will go out of my way to pick up a few more of these packets to have on hand when I want a quick, delicious meal.  You can serve it as a taco or in a salad or as a bowl- anything goes!  The packet cost me a mere $2.39 (actually it didn't because I had a $10 off coupon- score!).  All natural.  No preservatives.  No gluten ingredients used.

store bought favorite: red chile barbacoa slow cook sauce with roasted tomato+ chipotle

2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into chunks (I used sliced carne asada meat, sliced) 
1 medium red onion, thickly sliced (I used white)
1 pouch Frontera barbacoa slow cook sauce 
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons oil

Heat oven to 325 degrees.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat in 4-quart Dutch oven.  Add beef; cook until browned on all sides.  Stir in onion, sauce and 1 1/2 cups water.  Cover tightly.  Put into oven and bake until fork tender, usually 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment