Friday, January 3, 2014

becky's quinoa and sprouted wheat curry









Sometimes I can be so nosy like when I ask what a friend is having for dinner (it was on her table ready to be served when I picked up my kiddo).  I love to know what friends eat- it inspires me and it's the best way to collect awesome recipes.  Not only did she tell me what she was having for dinner, her husband dished some up for me to take home and try.  This curry is awesome and it contains a quinoa/sprouted wheat combo which I hadn't ever tried before (you can get it at Costco).  Easy to make, HEALTHY and simple to the taste yet the curry, nuts and dried fruit make it interesting.  I can't wait to get to Costco and grab me some quinoa/sprouted wheat.  She says they also sell a farrow and black rice combo which I haven't tried either which I'll add to my list of things to try.

becky's quinoa and sprouted wheat curry (my friend Becky)

1 clove garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 1/2 cups dry quinoa/sprouted what blend from Costco (cook according to package directions)
dried fruit
nuts (Becky used cashews)

Saute a clove of garlic in a few tablespoons olive oil with a teaspoon of curry powdder.  Mix in the grain.  Mix in some dried fruit and nuts, whatever you have around.

What I have to say- I'll likely serve this with some grilled chicken or else throw it in this dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment