Tuesday, December 3, 2013

tuna oriental salad









It may not come as a surprise but I like peas.  I really like them and I always have.  When my husband saw my list of things to make this week he said in reference to this recipe, "You're going to make that [and eat that] when I'm not home, right?"  Yes.  Of course.  Why would I ever make him eat canned tuna (one of the four things he doesn't like to eat)?  I am going to eat the entire batch of this recipe for lunch every day this week because I love it.

tuna oriental salad (found in my SIL Heidi's ward cookbook then adapted)
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cans white albacore tuna, drained
1 package peas, cooked then cooled
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 cup sliced green onions
1 cup sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup slivered almonds, optional

Mix mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, curry, soy sauce and garlic powder.  Mix with the tuna, peas, celery, onion, and chestnuts.  Let refrigerate overnight.  When ready to serve, add nuts.  Serve over a bed of lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment