Wednesday, December 11, 2013

peanut butter pork









Last night there was a knock at the door.  It was my friend Shelli.  It was a sight for sore eyes to see a friend after being snowed in for FOUR days (and now FIVE).  She and her husband risked their lives (okay I'm being dramatic) to deliver two dishes that her husband made for dinner that night.  My kiddos and I sampled them and I had to call her immediately to tell her that they are restaurant worthy.  I asked her husband for the recipe and this is what he told me (I asked him to write down exact measurements next time):

peanut butter pork (kamanu)
1 1/2 pounds pork, cubed
sesame oil
salt & pepper
2-3 tablespoons peanut butter
shoyu sauce
1/4 teaspoon sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
pineapple juice from a can of pineapple tidbits
1 tablespoon sugar

Saute pork in a little sesame oil.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add peanut butter and some shoyu sauce (similar to soy sauce but a little sweeter), sriracha sauce and oyster sauce.  Cook a while.  Add a little more shoyu, pineapple juice and sugar.  Let the juice cook down.  Serve with rice.

What I have to say- I'm not sure I trust myself without an exact recipe but it was so good I might try.

No comments:

Post a Comment