Monday, August 12, 2013

sesame chicken noodle salad









This salad was a snap to put together because I already had grilled chicken in the fridge.  My girls loved it and it's super healthy.  Perfect for my new and improved diet healthier lifestyle.

sesame chicken noodle salad (Taste of Home "Eat Smart" recipe, June/July 2013)
8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair pasta (I used about 4 ounces)
2 cups diced cooked grilled chicken
1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
3 green onions, sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup reduced fat Asian toasted sesame seed salad dressing (I used Paul Newman's light ginger sesame and it was GREAT!)
1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts (I omitted)

Cook pasta according to package directions.  In a large bowl, combine chicken, coleslaw mix, oranges, red pepper, snap peas and green onions; sprinkle with salt.  Toss to combine.
Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.  Add pasta and dressing to chicken mixture; toss to coat.  Sprinkle with peanuts

What I have to say- I'm sugar sensitive so I poured a couple tablespoons of dressing on the entire salad then let the rest of the family pour on the dressing to their liking.  I noticed most of my family picked out the mandarin oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment