Monday, August 5, 2013

greek chicken pasta toss









This dish was a success.  The entire family loved it except some did not care for the tomatoes which I will leave out next time.  A few did not love the artichokes but my husband and I did so we simply ate them all; seemed like a great compromise.  Super healthy and satisfying.

greek chicken pasta toss (adapted from cookbook: Weight Watchers Make it in Minutes)
1/2 pound rotini (we used whole wheat)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 ounces reduced fat feta cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Add the rotini and cook according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and grill until done.  Dice the chicken.
Heat oil in a skillet.  Add the garlic and oregano.  Add the peppers, artichokes and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes start to soften.  Add the lemon juice and chicken and cook 1 minute more.
Transfer to a large bowl and add the pasta and cheeses.  Toss well.  Serve warm or at room temperature.

What I have to say- the next time I made it I threw in some capers- delicious!!  Once I even tossed in some pepperoncinis into my own bowl and loved that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment