Tuesday, February 19, 2013

spinach banana smoothie












My older girls and I recently watched the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.  It definitely inspired me to eat more fruits and veggies to be as healthy as I can be (and help my kids develop healthy habits).  Just the other day I told my mom about this smoothie and tried to convince her that although this smoothie is green, you can't taste the spinach.  The spinach is just there to make you feel good!

spinach and banana smoothie (pass the peas, please)
1 big, ripe banana,
1 big handful of fresh spinach, stems and all
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1 to 1 1/2 cups ice

Place the banana in the Vitamix first.  Then add the spinach.  Add milk until you reach the 1/2 cup line.  Add the ice.  Blend until nice and smooth then drink it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment