Monday, November 5, 2012

cherry rhubarb freezer jam












I was finishing up at our school's teacher appreciation car wash when my friend Lindsey saw me from the road and pulled over with a loaf of hot homemade bread and jar of cherry rhubarb freezer jam.  That's the kind of thing that happens approximately once in a lifetime but you wish would happen every day!  This jam is absolutely wonderful.  I had never had cherry jam, rhubarb jam or a combination of the two.  It was a real treat.  This jam recipe is a keeper!!

cherry rhubarb freezer jam (my friend Lindsey)
6 cups rhubarb, chopped (Lindsey says you can buy it frozen at Market of Choice)
1 1/2 cups frozen cherries (How easy!  Cherries can be high-maintenance.  Not this time)
2 cups sugar
4.5 ounces cherry gelatin (I never would've guessed!)

Combine and bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.  Take off heat and add jello.  Cool uncovered.  Ladle into jars.  Place in refrigerator uncovered for 4 hours.  Add lids to the jars then allow to freeze in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment