Thursday, April 19, 2012

one pot miso soup

















I went to my favorite grocery store (Market of Choice) to hunt down some red miso paste.  Should you ever need some (for this soup, of course!) go to your specialty grocery store and look in the refrigerated section.  I needed some for a miso-ginger vinaigrette which turned out to be spectacular but I wasn't sure how to use the rest of the container since I only needed a couple tablespoons.  Lo and behold there was a recipe for miso soup on the lid!  I made it and it turned out fabulous.  My two year old fell in love with tofu because of this soup.  My husband thinks I am a true Oregonian now for buying tofu and something that says both organic and vegetarian on it.  : )

one pot miso soup (Westbrae Natural)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, sliced & equal amount of any thin-sliced vegetable (I used cole slaw mix)
2 cups chicken broth
1-2 tablespoons Miso
1/4 cube tofu

In medium saucepan, saute onions in oil until they begin to turn translucent, then add sliced vegetables, saute until tender.  Add broth and tofu, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.  Add Miso and dissolve.  Simmer for 5-10 more minutes.  Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment