Thursday, March 22, 2012

tostadas









Yesterday we had a snow day and ended up will a house full of kids around lunch time.  Lucky for me I was able to throw a few ingredients together for some yummy tostadas.  My kids love tostadas.  Two of the kids had never had one.  What?!  I remember visiting Taco Bell with my mom and she would always order me a Tostada.  I loved them and still do only now I prefer to make them at home so we can layer them 3-4 inches high!  This time we didn't have ground beef or refried beans so we used a can of chili.

toastadas
1 pound ground beef cooked with some taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
shredded cheese
shredded lettuce
diced tomatoes or pico de gallo
a dozen tostada shells
for tostadas supreme add: sour cream, guacamole, taco sauce, olives, etc.

Start with a tostada on your plate then start piling on!  Start with refried beans followed by ground beef or shredded chicken, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment