Tuesday, March 20, 2012

creamy artichoke soup









My friend Kris made this creamy artichoke soup for our gourmet club today and it was absolutely delicious and when I read the recipe I realized I shouldn't have felt as guilty as I did eating it- I love that!  I will be making this recipe again for sure!

creamy artichoke soup (my friend Kris found this recipe at Food Network)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 leeks, white part only, washed and well chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small potato, peeled and chopped
1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons chopped chives, for garnish

Heat oil in a heavy, large pot over medium heat.  Add the leeks and the garlic and stir.  Add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.  Add the artichokes, stock, salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.  
Using a handheld immersion blender or in a blender in batches, puree the soup.  Add the 2 tablespoons mascarpone and blend again to combine.  In a small bowl, stir the remaining 1/3 cup mascarpone to soften.
Ladle the soup into serving bowls.  Dollop the top of each of the soups with a spoonful of the softened mascarpone cheese and to the cheese with chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment