Monday, March 26, 2012

coffee cake in a jiffy









I have always loved this coffee cake made from Jiffy Baking Mix.  When I was a kid the recipe was on the box but when I went to make it the recipe was not on the box so I felt lucky to find the recipe online.  This coffee cake reminds me of the little round Hostess coffee cakes my friend Tammy and I used to eat in first grade when we'd go to her house for a play date.  Everyone in the family loved it.  The cake is sooo soft and the topping is perfect.
P.S.  Jiffy works just as well as Bisquick in most recipes that call for it and is much less expensive.

coffee cake in a jiffy (Jiffy)
2 cups JIFFY baking mix
3 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted

topping
1 tablespoon JIFFY baking mix
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup brow sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I've never made it with nuts) 

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and 8-inch square pan.
Blend together batter ingredients and spread into prepared pan.  Combine topping ingredients and "sprinkle" over batter (it's hard to sprinkle so I plop it all over).  Bake 25-30 minutes.  Serve warm.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks so much for the Jiffy coffee cake recipe. I was serarching the internet for the "Bisquick style" recipe but had purchased Jiffy instead of Bisquick. As you had stated, significant price difference. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess they are no longer that different in price...I went with a coupon for bisquick intending to buy that but saw the jiffy next to it...and I know they are the same thing so because I knew that jiffy always was so much cheaper I bought it...the bisquick was $3.99 and I couldn't see the jiffy price so I just got it knowing it was going to be cheaper...well guess what? it was .20 cheaper and I got gypped out of my coupon lol....next time! however, JIFFY was the one who had the recipe I wanted,

    ReplyDelete