Monday, February 13, 2012

yumm! bowls and wraps

















My friend Kara recommended I pick up some Yumm! Sauce at our fancy grocery store (that I love and will find any excuse to go there) to make bowls and wraps at home.  Can I just say these are my family's new favorite condiments?!  They are YUMM and we had bowls and wraps for dinner on Saturday then for lunch and dinner on Sunday!  We had a whole buffet going- shredded chicken, ground beef, smoked pork, tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, beans, jalapenos, green chiles, pico de gallo, sour cream, cilantro, etc.  DELICIOUS!
My husband and I went out to lunch the other day and saw a Cafe YUMM! in town.  I can't imagine their bowls taste any better than ours did...

YUMM! Sauce

Our store in town sells 3 flavors.  I picked up roasted garlic and chipotle.  Our favorite is the roasted garlic.
It's egg free, dairy free, gluten free, wheat free, sugar free, cholesterol free and low sodium!
The jar says it can be a dressing for salads, sandwich spread, topping for baked potatoes, vegetable, rice or bean dishes, dipping sauce for veggies, bread or chips, basting sauce for grilled or baked items, dollop on soup or chili.  Yumm it up!
Apparently you can go to www.cafeyumm.com but I am having trouble pulling it up.  Can't wait to see their menu so I can re-create at home for cheap!

What I have to say- Kara warned me that the flavor is very distinct and might be an acquired taste and that a little goes a long way.  We loved it right away but she's right- it has a very distinct taste. $4.99 per jar and we used them for 3 meals and they are still half full.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh.... I have never tried the garlic... but now I must! I love the chipolte. Your yum bowls sound even yummier than the ones at my house with all of your options!

    ReplyDelete