Monday, February 6, 2012

velveeta and rotel macaroni









Macaroni and cheese with a kick!  I made some without the rotel for my kids and they devoured it.  Once in a while they like me to make the box of Kraft macaroni and cheese but now I'm afraid they're going to want me to go all out with the Velveeta.  Okay, I have to laugh at that. :)

velveeta and rotel macaroni (adapted from i heart nap time)
1 (16 ounce) box rotini
16 ounces of Velveeta
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained


Cook pasta according to directions, drain.
Meanwhile, heat cheese in the microwave in a big glass bowl.
After the cheese is melted, pour the noodles into the bowl and stir to combine.  Add the tomatoes.
Put the pasta in a baking dish and top with cheese.  Bake for 15 minutes.


What I have to say-  I made the above recipe as written, however for my family I skipped the baking and simply served the pasta with melted cheese.  It was great and they loved it so the baking part may not be necessary if you're looking to skip a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment