Monday, February 13, 2012

sweetheart sundaes with fresh strawberry sauce




























Okay,  the sundae was supposed to have vanilla ice cream but somebody put the huge gallon of vanilla ice cream in the refrigerator and left it there for 24 hours.  That somebody was me!  I was lucky we had some chocolate ice cream in the freezer for my daughter's party.  This sauce is delicious and smells magnificent due to the vanilla and lemon.  I chose to leave the strawberries sliced instead of pureeing them because I wanted the sundae to look fresh and real.  None of that artificial strawberry sauce for us!

sweetheart sundaes with fresh strawberry sauce (grouprecipes.com)
3 cups of fresh strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan (I sliced my strawberries).  Bring to a boil over high heat stirring occasionally.  Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes.  Transfer the mixture to a food process or blender and puree (I omitted).
You can add a tablespoon of this to 7-Up, lemonade or my husband added some to some milk and used his aerolatte for a fun drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment