Friday, November 18, 2011

mini thanksgiving pies









My kids left preschool yesterday with chocolate-covered faces.  If I said the chocolate pies were a hit that would be an understatement.   When I told my daughter no she couldn't have a fifth pie I think I ruined her day.

mini thanksgiving pies  (blog: Preschool Alphabet)
pumpkin pie filling, apple pie filling, chocolate pudding (I plan to use Nutella)
2 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crusts
bowl or round cookie cutter 4 inches in diameter
muffin tin
whipped cream

Prep your dough.  Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from your pie crust doughs.
Place each circle into a greased muffin tin.  Press them in, letting the sides come up.  Score the bottom of the dough with a fork to keep the crust from bubbling up as it cooks.
Pour your filling into each muffin tin cup.  Fill them to the very top.
Bake your muffin tin pies at 425 degrees for 15 minutes then turn the heat down to 350 and bake them for 25-30 minutes.  Let cool on a wire rack for a couple of hours to let the pumpkin filling set.  Add a dollop of whipped cream to each pie.  (If you plan to use pudding or Nutella, bake the crust then fill after the crust has cooled).

What I have to say-  My friend Lindsy used mini muffin tins whereas the recipe is for regular muffin tins so if you make mini pies you'll need to adjust the time somewhat.

1 comment:

  1. Camie, I may borrow the picture you took. I forgot to take one! Next time, I'll make extra chocolate pies. Those were definitely the popular ones :) glad you guys made it!

    ReplyDelete