Friday, August 19, 2011

lettuce and spinach salad









This recipe comes from the best Relief Society President I've ever known.  When I moved into the Hershey ward, Nidia made me feel like I was super special.  She probably made everyone feel the same way she made me feel and that makes her ever more fantastic.  I don't think there's anyone in the entire world who doesn't adore Nidia.  I love this salad because it's her recipe, and because it's DELICIOUS.  Nidia, thank you for tearing up when I moved away.  That made me feel extra special!!

lettuce and spinach salad (my friend Nidia)
1 prewashed salad bag of baby spinach
1 prewashed salad bag of romaine
1/8 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 tablespoon freshly grated onion
3 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 cup salad oil (I halved it to 1/4 cup and added a couple tablespoons water)
1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
8 slices cooked bacon, crunchy and crumbled
3/4 cup large curd cottage cheese

Put spinach and lettuce in large salad bowl.  Mix together all salad dressing ingredients from sugar to poppy seeds in separate small bowl.  Pour half of salad dressing on the greens and toss.  Add bacon, cottage cheese and the rest of the dressing and toss.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment