Thursday, June 2, 2011

swiss steak









This is one of my favorites that my mom makes really well. Whenever I visit her or she visits me I ask her to make it so I can watch her and try to make it how she makes. She doesn't follow a recipe yet it tastes the same every time. It's hearty and flavorful and I'm sure I don't do it exactly how she does it but mine is still good!

swiss steak (my mom)
2 pound London Broil
1 (15 ounce) can diced petite tomatoes
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 cup water
1 teaspoon minced garlic
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil

Sprinkle both sides of London Broil with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add London Broil and brown on both sides. Add bouillon cubes, water and tomatoes. Put a lid over the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 2 hours or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily with a fork.
Take meat out of the skillet and add a little Wondra to turn drippings into a nice gravy. Serve over hot mashed potatoes (my mom's favorite), pasta (I was using up what I had) or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment