Friday, March 25, 2011

cauliflower with cheese sauce









My 2nd daughter saw the cauliflower at the grocery store and immediately requested this recipe to go with our burgers tonight. I remember my mom making cheese sauce quite a lot and I never saw her use a recipe once. I can usually get away with not using one but decided to use one tonight.

cauliflower with cheese sauce (adapted from cooks.com)
1 head cauliflower or flowerets, cooked

I put the cauliflower in a glass bowl filled 1/3 full with water and microwave for 10 minutes until crisp-tender.

sauce
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup milk
dash of salt and pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated

In a saucepan, stir butter and flour together over medium heat and cook for a couple minutes. Add milk and cook until thickened. Add seasonings and cheese and continue to heat, stirring until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment